Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Now that Bolton is finally toast - what are the odds of Bush recommending a responsible diplomat to the UN?

Favorite Answer

About as good as my chances of being able to teleport myself back to 1985 and stop the wretched music.

1. Bolton is not toast. He did a great job at the UN, earning the respect of even liberal whackos in Congress and academia (Alan Dershowitz is one of them).

2. Bolton was the most reponsible diplomat at the UN. Would you suggest that the President appoint one who would tolerate the scummy rabble of dictators that runs the place now?

Bolton did a great job. It's just that Bush and Bolton both know that there is no chance of him getting appointed by Congress now that the lunatics...oh..excuse me.. I mean Democrats are in charge.

We don't need to cut and run from Iraq, we need to cut and run from the UN.

Bush has a knack for screwing up everything he touches including wet dreams so why should I expect anything different from this twit. My only hope comes from an old adage that says even a broken clock is right twice a day hopefully his choice will be right for once.

Is it necessary that we have a diplomat to the UN? It's highly ineffective, and he was a critic of that. Now he has to step down, and whats next? Someone who will pander to this worthless organization and waste our time and slowly hand our sovereignty over to them...its ridiculous

if you are looking for a weak yes man to be sent to the u,n im sure your fellow demon crats will see to it. we are the most powerfull country in the un. we cant send a puppet yes man who is afraid of confrontation to represent us in the un, we will be picked clean. who is the un anyway? the u.s and britain. argue it all you want, but thats the way it is. the un is our show. we run it and every pitifull country in it. LONG LIVE THE U.S.A!!!!

Bolton was a great professional. I have a great deal of respect for him.

Ten thousand to one.