MiMi asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Bi-polar please help?

Live in Michigan, brother in AZ wife bi-polar and may be harming their child. Very obsessed with baby and my brother. Will not allow my brother to speak to family. Very concerned! Anyone have any ideas of agencies to call in AZ for help? Her family wants nothing to with her so they will not help. My brother is now very depressed and does not realize what he's saying half the time and is not taking care of himself, he's diabetic. I need someone to contact that can maybe go investigate the welfare of the baby. She has medication but is not taking it.

4 Answers

  • David
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Child services in AZ for starters.... they will investigate for any child abuse / neglect.

  • AnnieD
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    People with bi-polar disorder often do not want to take their medication because they miss the "high" manic phase. If your brother doesn't want to do anything there is not much you can do. However, if you are worried about the baby's welfare, call child protective services in their location and express your concern. Use this as a last resort because there may be serious consequences if they find the child is in trouble.

  • 1 decade ago

    start with Child Services in AZ or Domestic Abuse Center

  • John H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Just about every town/county has a child services agency. Contact the city hall for the name and number of their agency.

    (Usually you would have had to see something yourself to report it.)

    Didn't you watch Judging Amy? Her mom worked at the child agency in that town.


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.