has anyone tried the nestle goodstart formula and found that it actually made a diff with your baby?

Favorite Answer

YES!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend that formula to anyone formula feeding if their baby doesn't have milk allergies. Yes, when I fed it to the two youngest, I noticed a huge difference in the way my babies acted and felt. Upon mixing the very first bottle of it, I immediately noticed that there were a lot less bubbles in the bottle compared to Enfamil. Then feeding it to my babies, I noticed they didn't have the upset colic tummy that they did when I fed them Enfamil. However it does depend on your baby. Each baby is different as is there digestive system. So, yes I'll still recommend Nestle Good Start, but I will also recommend Enfamil Nutramigen for babies with milk allergies. I've had to use both on my three kids. The Nutramigen I used on my oldest due to milk and soy allergies and the Good Start I used on the other two babies because they didn't have milk allergies.

I breastfed all 3 of my children for at least 6 months, so when I transitioned each of them to formula I found that the better the formula tasted the easier it was to get them to take a bottle. With my first child, I tried a few brands that the hospital had given to me before going out and buying goodstart. I found that my son actually liked the formula better than others we had tried, he didn't spit any of it out, took the bottle easier with it and didn't spit up at all. With my other 2 kids I bought goodstart when it was time for them to start taking bottles. There were occasions when I tried giving them other formulas and they just wouldn't take it. I guess what I am trying to say is that my kids actually prefer goodstart over other formulas and I preferred it because I didn't have to deal with gas and spit-up! I now recommend goodstart to friends and family who have babies. Good luck and I hope you and your baby are as happy with it we were!

I used Good Start with my son. I really liked the Comfort Proteins, as compared to the other brands that I used with my daughter, and with the children I was babysitting at the time. He seemed to digest better. And when mixed, the formula didn't seem to be as "bubbly" or "foamy". He didn't have gas. He's now 17 months old and has NEVER used Mylicon. Not even once. We praise them. I really like their DHA & ARA supplements in their Stage 2 formula as well.

After breastfeeding for 7 months, we switched to Goodstart. I liked the DHA & ARA. My daughter loves the taste and has never had any problems with it. We tried switching to other formulas but she didn't like the taste.

Their website has some great coupons and other offers. It's an expensive formula so everything you can do to help will count!

Yes, my baby was on enfamil for the first month plus breast milk and the formula made her projectile vomit and vomit often, so I changed to good start when she was one month and all vomiting and even ninety percent of the spit up was gone. The only problem is she does not like the taste of it so at 2.5 months I changed her back to enfamil and though there is more spit up her digestive system can handle it better now. ( i put her back on enfamil because she loves the taste of it and eats more of it -she did not gain a single pound in a month due to her not liking the good start and has gained two in the last two weeks shes been on enfamil.) so It is defenatly good for digestion but your baby may not like the taste and may eat less of it. Good luck.

also i used good start with dha and ara and omega 3 and the enfamil i use also has dha and ara and eye Q

Why would Kraft make a formula? Because Nestle does?

yes. i use DhA and ARA Good start for my now 10 month old son. for my daughter when she was a baby(she is now 8 yrs old) she was on Enfamil and i like good start better hands down. I have not had any problems with it even through his dirrahea bouts.

My son was a preemie and had terrible Reflux. I found that the Good start Formula did seem easier for him to digest. I also noticed that the powder itself was "finer" and mixed easier.

Source(s): personal experience

when my son was born he was completely intolerant of similac and enfamil. i was unable to breastfeed so i was in a total bind. i am a first time mom and my sister in law told me of nestle goodstart so i tried the soy version and he did sooooo well. no forceful spitting up or unnecessary crying nothing!! it is a little pricier but completely worth it in my eyes

My daughter was on goodstart dha & ara and it didn't feel her up at all so we didn't change her milk or anything we just gave her gerber baby cereal to make up the difference. good luck!

Source(s): pregnant with #2