What is the best way to wash fruit?

I usually buy apples, and am wondering what the proper method for washing whole fruits is. I sometimes use a tiny drop of anti-bacterial dish soap, which doesn't affect the taste, but is probably not the best way to go about it. I just want to eat something that is clean...and I know that with the pesticides... show more I usually buy apples, and am wondering what the proper method for washing whole fruits is. I sometimes use a tiny drop of anti-bacterial dish soap, which doesn't affect the taste, but is probably not the best way to go about it. I just want to eat something that is clean...and I know that with the pesticides and handling by people, fruit gets dirty.
Is there a particular soap I should buy that is safe to use on fruits or vegetables?
I appreciate any helpful feedback, thanks.
Update: I'm not insane, and I'm looking for a product that other people might use (along with water) to wash fruits/vegetables.
Thanks.
Update 2: Also, not a hypochondriac...just looking for helpful feedback.....again, thanks.