I am thinking about living in a van to beat the high cost of housing. Do you think it is possible?

I am a divorced single guy and am tired of paying inflated prices for housing in the city. I have a home elsewhere but must live in the city for work. I am thinking of converting a plain commercial van or panel truck so as not to draw attention when I am parked. Don't want to look like I am camping. Has... show more I am a divorced single guy and am tired of paying inflated prices for housing in the city. I have a home elsewhere but must live in the city for work. I am thinking of converting a plain commercial van or panel truck so as not to draw attention when I am parked. Don't want to look like I am camping. Has anyone tried living in minimal space without many luxuries? I would only do it Monday thru Friday and head out of town on the weekends.