Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anyone have some good tips for a college student who wants to lose about 35 pounds?

Basically Im pretty lethargic due to the studying....I do a fair bit of walking and I dont eat fast food more than a coupla times a month, but I seem to keep gaining weight. Basically I need some health tips or some way of beginning to get rid of the buddha belly.

Favorite Answer

As a fellow student, I understand your struggle. My butt feels constantly glued to a seat and I don't have the time or attention for planning healthy meals. It's tough but I manage to control my weight and even lose weight every now and then with some pretty easy tactics. Since you want to lose it, you'll have to get serious. I would highly recommend cardio workouts. Depending on your fitness level and personal tastes you could try at home workouts like Tae Bo or you can hit the gym (in which case walking or jogging on the tredmill mixed with weights would be effective). Basically, make yourself workout even when you feel tired from studying or a long day. Next thing you know, you'll look forward to the stress relief. Remember to watch what you eat and consider counting calories...you may be surprised how much you eat daily! Get sleep. Lack of sleep stresses the bod out and you may compensate with food. And you definitely will have less energy for workouts. GOOD LUCK!

Source(s): A college gal who has lost a lot of weight and kept it off.

Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks??

There are some websites on the Internet, which promise you that you are going to lose 10 pounds in every 2 weeks. If you are good in math you will find that keeping these stats in mind, 260 pounds in a year. Losing 260 pounds is the figure, which is unbelievable and unexpected.

This kind of claims are planned just to cause clients to make impulsive decisions. When you gain weight, did you gained around 50 minds in two months? Certainly not. We gain weight in weight in small parts, which add up to our weight. This keeps on increasing with time.

I think you get what I mean to say. We normally gain weight in grams like 65 gram per week. With this stat you are going to gain around 7 pounds at the end of year.

This weight is so slow that you cannot measure it weekly. But in fur years you are going to gain around 28 pounds.

So how can you expect this weight to go in few days? You are going to lose the way you have gained it. So it will take time to lose weight. So you have to start losing weight systematically. You can lose weight by developing the good eating habits in you and nutritious foods.

Source(s): http://fast-weightloss.blogspot.com/ - Fast weight loss, weight loss tips, weight loss stories, weight loss help and the motivation you require to lose weight. Right now I have an aim to lose 40 pounds... which motivated me research more easy, and healthy weight loss methods which I report on my fast weight loss site http://fast-eightloss.blogspot.com./ I think the key to get success in life is to keep on learning good things from where ever you get.

Exercise. Your body gets used to the amount of exercise you do after a while, so the best way to boost your metabolism is to do more exercise than usual. You don't have to knock yourself out. My physical therapist had me walk on the treadmill at my target heart rate for about 15-30 minutes three times a week.

And pass up the fatty foods at the student cafeteria.

Lay off the fast food and set aside about 30 minutes a day to exercise. I am a full time student and am working full time and still manage to get great grades, so don't try that "I have to study excuse" If you really wanna lose it, You will commit. It is just as much mental as it is physical.

Eat fresh food, it'll give you more energy and you'll start to naturally lose weight because it's more compatible with your body. In addition, eat complex food (such as wheat instead of white), because it provides more nutrients, and isn't absorbed as readily. Drink plenty of water (especially about a glassful before meals), it cleanses your body and makes you feel full. Lastly, watch your portion size, and realize the difference between hunger, and just wanting to eat.

Don't eat until you're full. Do some cardio exercise. Keep working hard but don't sit in one position for so long.

Hi, Do you want to lose weight & tone up, or build strength & muscle mass? I can help you. I am a personal trainer, bodybuilder & life coach with 25 years experience. Please contact me at dcprice1@shaw.ca Thanks.

neXgen bodysculpting

do what most college students do....eat TOP RAMEN noodles for every meal!!

cocaine.