Have been recently diagnosed with diabetes I'm supposed to try to treat it with diet, but never got a diet

Just got diagnosed a day ago. My doctor's nurse called and said I have to try to control it by diet. I wouldn't be able to go to the nutritionalist until next week. Every website that I checked, including the American Diebetic ***. doesn't give me any information unless I join something. When... show more Just got diagnosed a day ago. My doctor's nurse called and said I have to try to control it by diet. I wouldn't be able to go to the nutritionalist until next week. Every website that I checked, including the American Diebetic ***. doesn't give me any information unless I join something. When joining, or course, I cost something. I unfortunately am broke and can't afford to spend money to get information about what to eat, when to eat, how to set up meals, you name it. Can anyone help me, free of charge? Thanks so much!