what is a good wine to serve with christmas dinner?

entertaining family for the first time this year. need a good christmas dinner wine - i'm wine stupid!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You've received great advice here with some good choices. The one exception is to skip the Asti. If you go the champagne route, either go with a real champagne (only wines made in the champing region of France can be called this. If they are made other places they are sparkling wines or 'method champagnoise') or a decent, reasonable sparkling wine like Chateau St. Michelle from WA state.

Have fun and Cheers!

• 1 decade ago

What are you having? Fish or chicken--white. Red meat--red. What kind of white or red varies depending on what your eating. You should be able to ask the person at the wine store for a suggestion based on what you are serving.

• 1 decade ago

I prefer red wine with any type of meal. A good Merlot generally does the trick for me.

• 4 years ago

Puerto Rican type: * Appetizers like Fried eco-friendly Plantain cups crammed with Shrimp in Creole Sauce. * an impressive pork Roast (or total pig) with a lot of garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and cumin rubbed in. * Yellow rice with pigeon peas. * Pasteles (plantain tamales). * Yams or ripe fried plantains. * Fried Yucca or in a Vinegar and Onion alleviation. * Salad * Coconut custard or rice with coconut milk, raisins and cinnamon. * Coquito (coconut cream, a hundred and fifty-data rum, cinnamon, brown sugar) (like eggnog) * Wine, Beer, mixed beverages

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

cabernet sauvignon if you like reds

chardonney, if you like whites

they are mild wines and everybody accepts them

if you want to get a little wild, i would recommend a Malbec from Chile or Argentina

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

white wine trust me on this with red meats.

• Todd C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

depends on the guests some like sweet some like the cabernet.

You could go champagne suggest asti spumante

• 1 decade ago

Both - please everyone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.