my computer is slow and lagging, do you know a way to fix it that way it will go faster.?

Favorite Answer

remove all your porn

Some pretty good information here. I won't restate what others have already stated, but one thing that made my parents computer run faster was turning the AVG Free (anti-virus software) off. When it was on, their computer took about 5 minutes to boot and that was with a brand new reinstall of Win XP. When I turned it off, it took about 30 seconds. HUGE difference!

Don't worry about getting viruses on your computer if you are just a normal user (surf the web, email, play some games). Just make sure you have SP2 and don't open or download any softwares from suspicious sources. That's the number one way to get viruses. Or you can run AVG free every once in a while just to make sure that you don't have any viruses. I've owned computers for 20 years (my first computer being a Leading Edge Model D). I've never had serious issue with viruses...ever.

Most email servers like Hotmail and Yahoo mail scan their email attachments for viruses now, further removing need for software like AVG Free.

clean up your computer by doing a disk Cleanup this is found by pressing the start button/all programs/accessories/system tools/ disk cleanup, this might improve a little but speed will not become normal so i suggest to run a good antivirus (avg) and a good spyware (spy sweeper) software. if the computer is still slow would be better to format it and this would work for sure. hope you understand my answer!

You might have SPY WARE or ADWAREon it. So you need a good anti-virus program to download on it. Try windows defender from Microsoft and ad ware from lava soft. Get it protected if they do not work I recommend you take it to a computer specialists to wipe out some of these nasty things. (google them to find what you need) It can be many things.

Also you may have too many programs running for the computer that your using try not to have so many windows open or "active" when your on it. Good Luck!

• Jeremy

Go to tools (either top left or right side on internet page) and click

internet options (at the very bottom),then go to delete cookies, click that & then click okay. You can also delete your history of what websites you visited as well. (it might go a bit faster afterwards.) Good Luck-

Do a virus scan and a malware scan. Defrag your disk. Mpty your Temp folder. Do a disk cleanup using the DiskCleanup Utility. The performance should improve.

• ?

on occasion once you install stuff on your computing device it 'helpfully' autoloads whilst domicile windows does. This makes use of up CPU time and memory. If too plenty memory is getting used up domicile windows sticks lots of the stuff in memory onto the hard disk drive and then whilst it desires that records returned in memory it has to get it from the no longer ordinary disk returned which quite SLOWS YOU DOWN. locate techniques on your courses to tell them to no longer motor vehicle-load and/or uninstall property you do no longer use...

Try running these programs:

Disk Cleanup

Disk Defragmenter

Abexo Free Registry Cleaner

Ad-Aware SE

AVG Free

I run all of these very often and my computer has been running very well.

Defrag

CCleaner

Mcafee + quick clean lite

ad-aware

Spybot

checkdisk

remove IT pro XT se

delete some of your desktop items and it will go faster cause they slow down your system

http://bartman1.blogspot.com/ go here and follow if your computer runs slow