Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

nicotine patches?

i was wondering if anyone has used these.how they worked 4 u did u have any side effects were u sucessful

Favorite Answer

I haven't yet seen a car that has, or needs one. Did you notice what category you put this in?

Lisa

I have known a few people who used patches to try to quit, but did not succeed. They got cravings still. If you do try them, have a good support system in place as well, and be sure not to cheat while on them cause I hear it can make you sick. I have been smoke free for five months now by using the gum. It worked very good at combating the cravings I got. Once you pass the first two weeks, your home free. You can do it.

Both my parents quit on the patch. My mom said she'd have a hard time sleeping with it, so she took it off right before bed and had the next one waiting next to the bed and put it on as soon as she woke up the next morning.

Neither of them were as moody as they were when trying to quit smoking using other methods. Good Luck =)

LISA, YES I DID USE THEM. THE MAJOR SIDE EFFECT IS YOU HAVE VIVID DREAMS, THEY SEEM SO REAL. THEY DO WORK, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOU SURROUNDINGS AND HABITS LIKE YOU HAVE TO KEEP GUM AND HARD CANDY AROUND THE HOUSE AND IN YOUR CAR. I QUIT THEM B/C I GAINED WEIGHT, AND ALSO I ENJOY SMOKING YOU ALSO NEED TO KEEP CARROTS AND CELERY, IN YOUR HOME, THE ORANGE GUM IS GOOD, BUT IT GAVE ME TO MUCH ENERGY. IF YOU DON'T WALK EVERY DAY NOW IS THE TIME TO START I KNOW SOMEONE THAT QUIT SMOKING 20 YEARS AGO AND HE STILL CRAVES A CIGARETTE. BUT HE USE TO SMOKE TWO PACKS A DAY. I WILL ADVISE YOU ONE THING THOUGH IF YOU HAVE A PATCH ON DO NOT SMOKE WITH IT ON I DID AND I GOT SO SICK. YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR MIND, GET IT IN YOUR HEAD THAT YOU WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN. YOU STILL MIGHT HAVE A CRAVING, BUT IT GOES AWAY AFTER A WHILE. LISA YOU CAN QUIT IF YOU WANT TO JUST KEEP THAT IN YOUR HEAD. LIKE I SAID I HAD DREAMS THAT SEEM SO REAL IT WAS WEIRD. TRY TO FIND A SUPPORT GROUP IT WILL HELP YOU. GOOD LUCK LISA YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personally I when cold turkey and ate a lot of ice it numbs the arch and Ice pop or fruit gum

just keep your mouth busy Ive been with out smoking for five year it work for me my friend tryed the patches and it work for him so what ever works as long as you quit that nasty habit.

I havent but ive heard stories liek on of my friends friends smoked once and stopped but his mom freaked out and out him on the patches and he got addicted ot the patches when he wouldnt have been addicted at all, haha.

• nobody

i got hooked on them

you have to put them on your arm and then you might get moody and then tada