Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do I get these terrible headaches??

Sometimes I get them after I smell certain scents. For example, the smell of food cooking set it off once and another time it was the smell of fresh air. They also last different amounts of time. One time my headache lasted for about 3 days, it would leave and come back the very next day. Another time it lasted for just a day and it went away once I went to sleep. I also feel very sick when I get these headaches. My stomach, chest and throat hurts but once the headache goes away so do the other symptoms. Also sucking on ice makes me feel a little better but once the ice is gone, the headache is there.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you are decribing a "cluster" headache' its a little different from other kinds of headaches...They usually come and go and come and sometime they will last a day or 2 days.they are caused by certain smells,such as soaps,detergents,air fresher sprays,and also certain times of the year when pollen is high.the reason they are called "cluster" is because they come and go at all different and tend to come in clusters...sometime they go away and something will set them off.Look it up on the net because my hushand had them and he went to the doctor.Sometimes your eyes are senitive to light....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

seek for medical consult. there might be some procedures to be done for you to find out what causes your on and off headaches.

• 1 decade ago

Most likely migraine i get them best thing to do is talk to your doctor bout it . if want tho i wud say try excedrin migraine and sleep

• Mary G
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

sinus trouble

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.