How can I drill a water well myself? Don't you need hire a contractor for well drilling?

I found www.hydratek2000.com on the internet. I didn't know that I could drill a well myself. Is it really this easy?

Favorite Answer

I drilled my own well with their equipment. I have the larger VTX620. It worked real good. I almost hired a contractor until I fund that company. I had never done it before but they helped me a lot. I was going to pay about 9K to have mine done. I figure I saved about 4k and I can drill more wells if I need to in the future!

No, having done it for a living, there are things you just won't count on. We consulted with a geologist when things went badly. What do you do when the drill hits a water stream strong enough to take your drilling fluid away and traps the pipe in the hole? Its called lost circulation. There are ways of reading the local aquifer that most homeowners don't know about. The difference between wasting your money and getting a very good well-your local water well driller!

You are taking a risk if you purchase a drill widget without first checking out local info. County Agricultural agent, county health Dept and neighbors are a good source. You need to find out how deep the aquifer is & what must be drilled through to get to it. You may have bedrock 5-10 feet below the surface. What are the limitations of the drill widget?