I'm thinking about converting to Islam, so can any Muslims give me the basics on Islam?

I'm thinking about joining Islam, but I need to know a couple things about it. Please give examples if possible

1) Is Islam a religion of peace

2) Does Islam have anything against other religions

3) How do Muslims deal with everyday racism

4) Is there any chance that all religions can coexist peacefully

5) If I become Muslim, would I have to start wearing sandals? It's a stupid question, but I have a shoe fetish.

6) If you got arrested and sent to Syria or Gitmo to be tortured, what would you do? Give false confession and seek legal action

7) How can Muslims improve the image of Islam

8) When will Muslim persecution be over

9) If I become Muslim, would I get a new name

10) If I become Muslim, would I have to do all the praying, or can I become a more liberal Muslim who prays once a day or something

11) Do you ever question the Quran and how much is true

12) Does Islam have anything against women or gay people?

Im really thinking about converting, so any help is good.

Favorite Answer

Pardon me, but if you don't know even the basics of a religion you're seriously considering converting to, you're not very bright.

• floy

howdy i'm so satisfied which you converted!! Welcome to Islam, my brother. compliment be to Allah for guidance you on the final direction. you could ignore approximately each and all of the idiots who're saying that Islam is a faith the place you're able to act like a salve. Islam is the completed habit of existence...you open the Quran and you get the answer to almost something. Our Holy e book has under no circumstances been altered or replaced, in comparison to different books such because of the fact the Bible (there are extra effective than one thousand variations of that e book). So brother, start up of via learning the thank you to accomplish Salah. Do you have a mosque close to via your place? in case you do, circulate refer to the Imaam there, and he will gladly instruct you the right thank you to accomplish wudhu and pray Salah. additionally, start up analyzing the Quran..in case you do not know the thank you to determine arabic, There are translations in almost each language on the internet! digital mail me promptly in case you desire the different help. :) might Allah instruction manual you to the superb direction available.

• Dirty

1)Yeah, it is

2)Nope, it recognize Christians and Jews and their profets.

3)Hmm, depends on the person.

4)Yeah, as long as there are no extremists and religious fanatics.

5)Nope, u don't have to wear sandals, u may wear what ever u want, some muslims in middle east wear sandals cuz it's damn hot there.

6)Why would you get arrested?

7)By showing respect to other people and religions, be nice to them, and be a good person.

8)Hmm, hard to say, there will always be problems because of some lunatics.

9)No, you don't have to change your name at all, i know a lot of muslims with western names(like Michael, Nicholas, John and ...)

10)Hmm, many muslims that i know dont pray 5 times a day, well, it's important to pray every day in Islam, but i know a lot of people who don't and i don't think any muslim would blame you for that. just be good in your heart.

11)No, i don't, cause i believe it's true.

12)Nothing against Women, but much aginst homosexuality cause it destroys the family-life and other things....

Source(s): Studying and Thinking i guess..

Thats the most stupid thing I've heard of in years. You do not "convert", you gradually come to believe in the teachings of a faith. You haven't even scratched the surface of Islam so I suggest you contact one of their teachers and take everything with a pinch of salt. They will want to sell you a membership card.

Be true to yourself and live by the rules of god which are the same to all faiths. Its just the pictures painted that are different and in some cases the film has been re-written to sell a personal story.

1) The people say yes. I believe not really, but hey that's them.

2) No. Not partically.

3) Just like how everyone else does. Get angry or ignore it.

4) Yes.

5) You don't ALWAYS have to wear sandals. Just usally during relegious things and stuff.

6) I'm not sure. I probably would false accuse yes.

7) Islam is alright now. It's the Muslim's and America who need to work on their image.

8) That is unknown, but I hope once America leaves Iraq.

9) Not that I believe, but I guess if you choose.

10) Liberal Muslim is fine. You just have to make sure you believe and still do relegious ceremonies. (Ramadan etc.)

11) Yes. Cause it sounds just like the Bible.

12) Probably. But we just haven't seen them do anything yet.

Well, I hope you enjoy convertion! Happy Travels!

• Shossi

If you do not know the basic answers to basic questions on Islam, you are not really thinking of converting. I would say this question is a farce, and you just trying to cause trouble.

i m muslim.i answer few of ur question...

Question 1: yes Islam is a peacfull religion.but few gruops among us are extremist...but its not fair u call all of us extremist.i m strictly aganist of extremist.they are doing wrong.killing of Inncent is sin in Islam.

Question2: Islam has nothing aganist of any religion.Islam teaches us to respect other religion.its written in Quran that not to abuse other religion or God.(if muslim offend some one it doesnt mean Islam teaches us this)

Question3: islam is strictly aganist of racism.u can see this when we offer our prayers..all people irrespective of their race everyone stand in one line.in Hajj everyone is equal No black no white all we are Muslim.

Question4: i didnt understand that.but we have our own identity.

Q5:u are free wat u want to wear.

Q6:legal action

Q7: to give correct teaching of Islam to the world.to practic Islam in their daily life.

Q8:when we practic on Islam in true sense.

Q9:its ur choice.

Q10:u have to pray for 5 times a day.its obligatory.

Q11:Quran is true when u read this u ll find it by urself.

Q12:there is nothing aganist of women in Islam.i m female, i feel i m lucky that i m muslim. n there is no place for gay in islam.

i answer u by own knowldge.

May Allah bless u.

One day you want to be muslim next time you are going to be an atheist some other time Wicca or Hindus as long as you don't have faith in Jesus you are blind in the eyes and heart.

You first have to find Ali Baba's secret cave, Abracadabra the door open, and rub the magic lamp to summon the Genie. Then you must ask for one of those flying carpets Muslims sit on all day when they worship the dirt floors of their Mosques.

Next, you have to find a sturdy stick to beat women passersby who you dont believe are holy enough.

Then, you must stop bathing and shaving.

Actually, with small differences, not much different that being a member of the Christian coalition.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of evasive questions. Like any other cult, you only find out the truth of it after you're hopelessly stuck there.