Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

how come black people always walk in the middle of the street?

Without regard to their safety I noticed a lot of black people walking in the middle of street, as to taunt drivers or dare them to hit the pedestrians? Why is this?

Favorite Answer

It not really a black thing, more like it just a total disregard, anger and hatred in the minds of some of them, these do not realise they continuing to foster the hate and discrimination that plagued racial tensions by provoking other people. They believe they been so wronged that if you hit them for whatever sh*t they doing, they would be the one that was wronged, they know the majority of people do not want any trouble, so they are abusing the situation and showing their "superiority" over others by challenging them, knowing they would not dare hit them. It a cowardly act, a stupid act, but most of the people that do this are morons.

It happens in other parts of the world too.... I live in Trinidad, and they act like total idiots and f*cking morons. They usually ones with very little or no education here too. They also feel they are bad and if you try something they feel they can kill you and get away with it.

It a shame but we live in a world of morons and the worst are the morons who happen to be also black.

I can think of three rationales for walking in the street:

One. The street may be safer than the shoulder. In rural or undeveloped areas, there's little traffic, but the soft shoulder may contain rocks. mud, gravel, holes, uneven pavement edges, broken glass and garbage. On a long walk in the country, using the shoulder becomes exhausting.

Two. In rough neighborhoods, in hot weather when tempers flare easily, young men may feel uncomfortable passing too close to other young men who are strangers. Using the street makes you less threatening to the local guys, without the humiliation of having to step aside when you pass. Women might feel exempt from this. I can't recall seeing women walk down the middle of the street in town.

Three. Walking takes the place of a bar or café for people with no money nor a room of their own. When you're walking and talking, you want to be side-by-side. Sidewalks are narrow. If you're fond of each other, you can hold hands and match strides.

Source(s): I only speak for myself.

Living out in the country as I do, you actually see very few blacks... and if anyone were to walk in the middle of the road here.. it would be death. Drivers from all states come here.. the worst ones. If you have a death wish, step foot on the road, ANY part of it... sidewalk or otherwise, and you are placing your life in someone else's hands.. Hands that don't care about you because you make less $$ then they do.

• boots

Not just Black people!!! It seems like ANY color of person is aware that no matter the reason, if you hit a pedestrian you will pay. And pay, and pay! If it is a persistent problem, call the police. It won't really do much good in the long run, people being people...but it will clear the street for oh, I don't know...5 minutes?

specific, I see this in Detroit. Black human beings of each age walking in the midst of busy streets. i do no longer comprehend it. A white guy hit a boy and stopped to envision on him and he replaced into kicked interior of an inch of his existence by a mob of black adult males. It replaced right into a activity, the extra youthful boy jumped in front of the guy's truck, so unhappy for the guy.

Well, I don't know where you are driving, but I never see just black people walking in the street. Who, no matter what nationality, would want to get hit by a vehicle?

I know this sounds like a racist question ,but this happened to me yesterday.I was driving and a young black man about 20 didn`t even look that i was turning and walked SLOWLY in front of my car to cross the street .He look straight ahead and smiled to himself about 3/4 of the way across.

I felt he did this deliberately.He had a don`t walk sign .

So please answer why you do this .

most people that walk in the middle of the street, of any race do it because they are on drugs, or medication for mental disorders.

Really, people do this? There must be a catch, like its a 15 mph zone or something. Could it be their competing for the Darwin Awards?

This must be something about your country, I never see that happening here...... We have people in all colors here, and most people chose to walk on the pedestrians lane.

Source(s): Netherlands