Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is the age limit of emergency contraceptive pills?

is it ok for 16 year olds to take them? what could be the possible effect at this age?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I dont think there is an age limit. But I am no doctor. I would think if you're old enough for your period- you are old enough for the pill.

• 1 decade ago

There are no side effects that are age specific. Side effects for anyone can be feeling sick, headaches, vomiting but these are rare. As long as a female is menstuating, any age could take ECP or birth control. (We can argue age and sex...but that's not this person's question, so everyone should stop editorializing.) Really, it's the OLDER a woman gets, the more risky ECP becomes. Like regular pills, a woman over 35 is at greater risk of blood clots, etc.

Source(s): I work in family planning
  • DAVE
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Q.1: About 66 yrs. of age. Q.2: Yes Q.3: No pregnancy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it is okay for 16 year olds, then the liberals who okayed it should be put into jail.

The side effects are a perception that if something feels good you should do it and not have to be responsible, according to the Liberal Code of Insanity.

Also, the public is being deceived and lied to, as there's a possiblility that this pill can induce an abortion by preventing an already fertized egg from being implanted in the womb.

We've become to believe in "pills" as an answer to everything, and taking one after you have premarital sex to prevent or get rid of pregnancy is absurd, and that this should be available to teenagers is even more ridiculous.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no possible effect even considering the age as long as instructions are followed correctly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.