Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

I want to become an actress I've written plays for school. and i don't know how to get an agent?

Favorite Answer

I assume that you are in High School. I would suggest looking into theater studies and creative writing when you go to college. Its a very good thing to be writing and working in theater at your age. Writing is something that takes development. Talk to your school counselor and be patient. Its a difficult field to break into, but obviously some people do!

1. Meet a lot of new people and ask around

well, yea, to get an agent of course you need connection. dont be shy to greet new people, get to know them, and maybe you'll got the chance. of course, don't look for any people, pick someone whom maybe have agent connections (look from their looks)

2. perform in a theater

first, you got to start from down. go the the theater, ask around, where you can get audition. if you really really want to be an actress, you got to have sum guts to ask people.

3. speak to the jury of sum contests

look for the jury like in beauty pageant contests. they usually knew sum agents. ask them.

hehe.. well.. maybe my advices looks dumb. but thats all i can think about. i have a friend whom joined an agent though, well, he got the agent from a barber -_- connection connection

btw, good luck ^^