Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is a ring a good gift for a guy???

I am looking for a christmas gift for my best friend (2 yrs.) who is a guy...I think i have found a perfect gift for him...it is a personalized stainless steel ring...i want to engrave it with the words "Always & Forever"...Is it TOO corny or is it a really good gift????

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If he is just a Friend, that might be a little too romantic of a gift.

• 1 decade ago

if he is just a friend, he may be weirded out. If he is more than that go for it. Its kinda romantic, something you'd do for a boyfriend. I guess it depends on how close the 2 of you are. Has he done this for you? Maybe you could get matching rings? If its corny or not, he'll be flattered!

• 1 decade ago

Well if he doesn't want it; mail it to me. Any person should be glad to receive a gift, but perhaps a ring is to strong a symbol, you are only* friends, correct? If you keep the engraving, it might sound like you like him, and if you do, then keep it, but if you don't take it off, or he might get confused. Whichever you choose he'll be happy though...

=D

• 1 decade ago

Depends if he sees your gift as just a ring or if he feels you have bought it as a ring for his nose.

Guys get scared of gifts. I know it is weird and I really don't understand it but trust me buy something else. I tried T-Shirts that didn't work either.

It is ultimately your decision though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would hesitate on this purchase. Are you sure he would wear it. Most guys don't get excited about jewelery. I hate wearing anything other than a watch.

The personalization is a nice touch, but how about something nice for his home or desk.

If you purchase the ring and he doesn't want to wear it, he will be stressed about hurting your feelings.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

It's corny just like the line "U complete me". A stainless steel ring might as well u give him a bottlecap.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like your movin on him, but ring ehhhhhhhhhhh not so good for a guy just say it to him. Then on the other hand if you can be sensative like me I would love it and possibly get emotional.

• 1 decade ago

Well if he is a jewerley man go ahead! Listen if he can accept flowers go ahead! do you know i sent blue roses to a man at work,because he just got this job in a very distinguished surrounding.Loved them!Wake up ladies!

• 1 decade ago

rings aren't a good idea unless he is a hard rocker or gothic watches necklace earrings are good for prep

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a nice gift...but it may give him the wrong idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.