is a ring a good gift for a guy???

I am looking for a christmas gift for my best friend (2 yrs.) who is a guy...I think i have found a perfect gift for him...it is a personalized stainless steel ring...i want to engrave it with the words "Always & Forever"...Is it TOO corny or is it a really good gift????

Favorite Answer

If he is just a Friend, that might be a little too romantic of a gift.

if he is just a friend, he may be weirded out. If he is more than that go for it. Its kinda romantic, something you'd do for a boyfriend. I guess it depends on how close the 2 of you are. Has he done this for you? Maybe you could get matching rings? If its corny or not, he'll be flattered!

Well if he doesn't want it; mail it to me. Any person should be glad to receive a gift, but perhaps a ring is to strong a symbol, you are only* friends, correct? If you keep the engraving, it might sound like you like him, and if you do, then keep it, but if you don't take it off, or he might get confused. Whichever you choose he'll be happy though...

=D

Depends if he sees your gift as just a ring or if he feels you have bought it as a ring for his nose.

Guys get scared of gifts. I know it is weird and I really don't understand it but trust me buy something else. I tried T-Shirts that didn't work either.

It is ultimately your decision though.

I would hesitate on this purchase. Are you sure he would wear it. Most guys don't get excited about jewelery. I hate wearing anything other than a watch.

The personalization is a nice touch, but how about something nice for his home or desk.

If you purchase the ring and he doesn't want to wear it, he will be stressed about hurting your feelings.

Good luck.

It's corny just like the line "U complete me". A stainless steel ring might as well u give him a bottlecap.

Sounds like your movin on him, but ring ehhhhhhhhhhh not so good for a guy just say it to him. Then on the other hand if you can be sensative like me I would love it and possibly get emotional.

Well if he is a jewerley man go ahead! Listen if he can accept flowers go ahead! do you know i sent blue roses to a man at work,because he just got this job in a very distinguished surrounding.Loved them!Wake up ladies!

rings aren't a good idea unless he is a hard rocker or gothic watches necklace earrings are good for prep

It's a nice gift...but it may give him the wrong idea.