Vintage-Inspired asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Would you purchase a pet crate for your home that looks more like a piece of furniture?

Favorite Answer

Hi Debra...they are certainly nice! I was looking at these designer-styled end table crates: http://www.metropawlispetboutique.com/bowhaus.html

Source(s): Animal Trainer to domestics and exotics

They may be pretty but when you look at them, also think of how they might hold up against claws and teeth, and how easy they would be to clean out if your pet has diarrhea in the crate, for example. I prefer the large varikennels (plastic crates) overall, and to improve the appearance it is easy to put a towel on top and use it to set things on, some of the varikennels are sold in several different colors too. I've found that the really ornamental dog crates weren't practical at all. However, some of the aviaries made to blend in with furniture are very nice looking, as are aquariums made to look like furniture. I have seen some homemade cat cages that were nice looking too, as well as functional, although after a few years some of the wood in them had to be replaced.

Sure, if your pet uses the crate on a regular basis, actually for that matter, why wouldn't you get one to match your vehicle?

yeah, who says that all animal crates have to look like little prison cells sitting in a corner of your home. If you're willing to spend the extra money then it is defnitely worth it.

HECK YES!!! Tell me where you can buy one! That would be awesome, I hate looking at my puppies ugly crate!!!! Never heard of that!!!!

they are neat for someone with money too burn. i have also seen the kitty litter boxes that look like furniture too

why not, it is your home and you have a right to furnish it however you want......after all your dog is part of your family and should have his or her furniture too.

No, they cost to much..I buy mine at walmart for 15.00.. I personally don't nee my dogs grates to match my decor;-)

i think that would be pretty neat, sure would look better than a cage

no