Where /Why have we adopted the attitude of entitlement that has become so prevalent in our society?

I'm not talking about social security. I've paid into that fund for over 40 years and I expect to receive the benefit. I am talking about attitudes by some who expect to own a new home, drive a BMW, go out to dinner every night and shop at Nordstrom, and they're 25 years old. They also won't take... show more I'm not talking about social security. I've paid into that fund for over 40 years and I expect to receive the benefit. I am talking about attitudes by some who expect to own a new home, drive a BMW, go out to dinner every night and shop at Nordstrom, and they're 25 years old. They also won't take a job that pays less than 100k. But they're living in their mothers house and can't make the BMW payment.