Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I find a realtor for a mobile home?

My friend is trying to sell her mobile home and she's getting frustrated trying to find a realtor to help her. Either they refuse outright or they get an appointment and don't bother showing up. What can be done about this? Should she look for some way to sell it other than through a realtor?

Update:

The land it's on is unowned.

Update 2:

*Any* useful information to help her sell it would be nice...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Drew has a really good answer for you.

• 1 decade ago

Mobile homes must be attached to the land and the seller must own both the home and land. If both of these conditions are not met, the Realtor can not sell the home. At this point the home is considered personal property.

Secondley, mobile homes are not selling very well right now across the country. Many Realtorsdo not want to tie themselves up with a property they do not believe they can sell.

Source(s): I am a licensed Texas real estate broker.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She could try to sell it by herself, but it would be easier with a Realtor. It's a bad time of year to work with them because they get lazy around the holidays. Also, depending on the exact mobile home, some are incredibly difficult to finance, or they cannot be financed at all. That could have something to do with them not wanting to list it. More hassle than it is worth for the small commission to them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Call a local Real Estate Office and ask for the newest agent. They will work with her because they are hungry. We don't get lazy around the holidays just very busy and some see a Mobile home as a low commission and can't be bothered. The new agents will take anything and work their buns off. Go for it!

Source(s): An Agent
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • what state are you in? I'm a real estate agent and can have my buddy do it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try arson

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.