How can I find a realtor for a mobile home?

My friend is trying to sell her mobile home and she's getting frustrated trying to find a realtor to help her. Either they refuse outright or they get an appointment and don't bother showing up. What can be done about this? Should she look for some way to sell it other than through a realtor?

The land it's on is unowned.

*Any* useful information to help her sell it would be nice...

Favorite Answer

Drew has a really good answer for you.

Mobile homes must be attached to the land and the seller must own both the home and land. If both of these conditions are not met, the Realtor can not sell the home. At this point the home is considered personal property.

Secondley, mobile homes are not selling very well right now across the country. Many Realtorsdo not want to tie themselves up with a property they do not believe they can sell.

Source(s): I am a licensed Texas real estate broker.

She could try to sell it by herself, but it would be easier with a Realtor. It's a bad time of year to work with them because they get lazy around the holidays. Also, depending on the exact mobile home, some are incredibly difficult to finance, or they cannot be financed at all. That could have something to do with them not wanting to list it. More hassle than it is worth for the small commission to them.

Call a local Real Estate Office and ask for the newest agent. They will work with her because they are hungry. We don't get lazy around the holidays just very busy and some see a Mobile home as a low commission and can't be bothered. The new agents will take anything and work their buns off. Go for it!

Source(s): An Agent
  • what state are you in? I'm a real estate agent and can have my buddy do it.

try arson