Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jen asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I have a hard lump down there on the labia that hurts. Is it a cyst?

It doesn't look like anything more then a bump.

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I've had them. They hurt really bad too. I believe its starts as an ingrown hair. Don't mess with it...I've never gone to the doctor for it (but you should do what you think is best) Mine always went away after a week or may get worse before it gets better.

    Sure its always wise to seek medical attention...I'm just sharing with you my experiance. I considered seeing a Dr. for it in the past...but I always waited it out a few days...and found that it just went away....

  • 1 decade ago

    It can be something minor such as an irritated inflammation. If it goes away then there is no need to worry. But if you have more the one bump it might be something that a doctor needs to look at to determine what it may be. But i had one and touching and poking it is going to make it worse. So leave it alone for a couple of days and then get a mirror and check if its still there.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It sounds like a blind pimple. It's under the skin and hurts like hell, but if left alone will go away. Don't keep touching it. I sometimes get these and they go away after about a week. You could also try putting cortisone cream on it, to shut it down early.

  • 1 decade ago

    I had a Bartholin cysts there--it would get hard--get bigger ect---the doctor would drain it sometimes with a syringe--then he lanced it--but in the end I had it surgically removed---show your GYN am a nurse

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Most probably it is a partholine cyst if it herts it means it gets inflammed . see gynecologist .

  • 1 decade ago

    i'm not sure, but i would go see a doctor about your problem... you do not want to wait on something like that.

    it is better to be safe then sorry.

    good luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    Could be but don't mess around with crap like that, get it checked out. ASAP!!

  • 1 decade ago

    go ahead and consult a specialist asap, especially if it hurts

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.