Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

I Have Computer startup problem, can someone help?

I have a Sony Laptop, running on Win XP. Everytime i turn it on it freezes at the startup screen (the window xp screen). I have tried to reboot the computer many times, and it still freezes. What do need to do? Do i need the Win XP disk....

Favorite Answer

No one here can help you with this problem since they dont know the exact error so I recommend you go http://esupport.sony.com/perl/support-contacts.pl?... and in Sony VAIO menu left says live chat click ther you will chat with a sony vaio expert and he or she will help you.

Two possibles:

The C:\\Windows partition and files are most like corrupted, preventing a full boot up into the OS. To remedy this, if you know you don't have anything important you want to keep on your laptop, try and use the XP or manufacture CD to recover.

Number too is that allot of Laptop start up problems are cause by RAM issues. I know this for sure, having a laptop that wouldn't finish booting due to weaken RAM running at half the normal speed.

My suggestion is either make your current laptop hard drive external by purchasing a kit for a 2.5" hard drive and finding a nice friend to back up your important information, then using the recovery method.

• Ted B

It's hard to diagnose your problem because i need more info. Based on what i can see either you have a hardware conflict, device driver conflict or you have a virus on your pc. The best way to solve this is to reformat your win xp and start clean again. Use the win xp disk that came with your laptop to do it. After reinstall win xp you need to install antivirus and anti spyware on your pc. There many free programs that can protect your pc.

your laptop should have the option to do system restore. this enables you to restore your compute from a previous state that it was working. to do this, you have to go to safemode by restarting your computer and pressing F8 repeatedly before the windows loads. this will lead you to a menu and select the boot in safemode option. then if you are lucky enough that it boots in this state, Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. from there you will be able to restore your system to a date that it has a memory of running normally. i suggest you go and pick a date about 2 weeks back and restore it from there. some files/apps might get removed by the way but not major things. if you do get this to work run your antispyware and antivirus programs, put a firewall on, and stop browsing weird websites and dont use internet explorer. use opera 9 or firefox 2

• rosco

Hi,I had a similar problem on my desktop.I had a bad ADOBE reader.I found out with some help.Remove that program from your computer.Go directly to search, punch in the adobe company.You will be able to down load a new program for free{7.0} version.You will then enjoy your computer again.Good Luck

ROSCO

Source(s): Adobe wants every one to use their program for free.It`s the encripting units they want to sell to every one. Adobe is used around the world.

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

better install a new copy of the windows operating system

• thomas

you need to stop looking at porn!