Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Tsina asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

What's the most "exotic" food in your country?

I'm interested in other cultures and thought that this might be fun. In our country, the intestines, head, and feet of chicken are sold as street food. There's also the deep-fried day-old chick, duck's egg, snails, field mouse, monitor lizard, to name quite a few.

to massadaman, I'm Filipino :)

Favorite Answer

In the United States, many people eat hot dogs and cheeseburgers. Which isn't much less disgusting than the items you mention.

Hmm... Tripitas ( guts), cabeza, ( the meat from the head of the cow), sesos( brains), lengua( tongue) , menudo ( tripe stew) are some of the more colorful things that I grew up with here in Las Vegas ( we have a large Mexican community here, including me) I knew what those things were and when some one would try to get me to eat any of it I just made some excuse to avoid it. When I lived in the south, Mississippi, people ate squirrel, possum, crayfish,snake, alligator,chittlins ( which are the same as tripitas, I still stayed away from them) pig's feet, and fried pig's tail. People everywhere eat funky things.

Rattle Snake

Prickly Pear fruit from the cactus

Cactus Segments

I live in Texas and we have all sorts of stuff we eat.

We don't eat mice or day old chicks or baloots but we do eat snails, aligator, pigs feet (hog trotters), pigs intestines (chitterlings),

Since you mention chicken feet, I gotta admit they sell that for food in my country (Im latin), also chicken neck, pork feets, bull's testicles (eww), cow's tongue (also eww) liver from different kinds of farm animals, lizards (yeah, eww), brains (ewwww) and in other countries such as Mexico they eat insects like worms (they put worms into rum bottles, eww) roaches (super eww), and grass hopers...... but I think that Asian countries have the most variety in foods, for example mouse, cats, dogs (they eat anything that can move)...

A lot of people think crayfish would fall into that category but as a new orleans original I love it! And it tastes so good. But technically its a bug!

In the UK we have black pudding, a kind of sausage made with pig's blood.

Yum! :P

I'm interested to know the asker's country.

people consider as delicacies curries made of sheep or goat head meat, guts,long cooked legs, brain, liver, kidney ,testes coagulated blood cut into cubes etc.

I've had alligator tail, squirrel, turtle, boar, buffalo, snails, and I will try rattlesnake very soon.

• gypsy

rabbit, snails and sea urchins (living in malta at the moment)

in my country we eats tripe from cows (fried) , cow's tongue (grilled, fried), oxtail (soup), chicken feets (boiled then fried), fish eggs (fried), beef liver , rabbit.. that's all I can think of right now :))