Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

I have a Folder i would like to upload so that others may download it. How would I do this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of the file upload sites are, well , "file" upload sites where as you are looking for folder upload. One way is to zip up your folder using winzip utility and then upload the zipped file. Your friends can then download , unzip and get the same folder. Other option is to try uploading a folder thru www.pando.com. They say they support folder upload though i have not tried it.

• this depends on what you want to share. you have the choice of getting a webspace and the uploading the data to that site.

or better yet go to www.dyndns.com, register a free domain name. now go to softpedia and download a freeware program called netserver or netserver suite. configure the FTP server correctly and hey presto you have an FTP site. you will also want to get the dyndns updater software again this is 100% freeware.

now the data is available only when your computer is online. and you have the server running, if the files are only to be shared with your close friends and family this is a good place to start, if you want to share with the wider world then you can still use the software but you would be advised to leave your computer running 24/7/365 as a simple webserver.

if you want a simple web presence then start here and host your own data instead of paying up to £30 a month for hosting fees.

if the file is only to be shared on your home network then all you need to do is set up the same usernames on each and every computer on your home network, now right click the folder you want to share and then click on the share this file/folder now give the file or folder a shared name that is descripted enough for your network user to understand what the folder contains.

your folder is now shared and available on the local network.

don't forget to use the network setup wizard (if you don't know how to set up a network) to set up your network to make sure that the domain name is set up the same on each and every computer on your home network.

Source(s): just my experiance of setting up and networking my two home computers. and my experiance of testing the netserver suite i listed above.
  • 1 decade ago

there is a website called rapid share.u upload the entire folder then when they give u a http url address .forward that to your friend

• 1 decade ago

Download limewire 4.12 from www.limewire.com

It is a P2P file sharing software.

Share your files and folders in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.