Balikbayan visa?

  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I want enter the Philippines with my wife and son under the balikbayan law. After one year has past can my wife and i simply fly to America, visit for 6 to 8 weeks and return to the more
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
check this website out.....http://www.******
Free Balikbayan Visa for former Philippine citizens and for foreign spouses and minor foreign unmarried children of Filipinos and former Filipino citizens

No visa shall be required for a maximum stay of one (1) year for the following Balikbayans, every time they enter the Philippines to visit, regardless of the frequency of their travel to the Philippines.

1. Former Philippine citizens (including Filipinos who have become naturalized U.S. citizens, and citizens of the Bahamas, Bermuda and other countries within the jurisdiction of the Embassy of Washington, D.C.);
2. Foreign spouses and minor foreign unmarried children of Filipinos and former Filipino citizens.

The balikbayan free visa privilege is extended to former Philippine citizens, the foreign spouse and the foreign minor unmarried children of Philippine citizens, provided that:

1. they are nationals of Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Oman, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Republic of Tanzania, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, or Vietnam; and
2. they are traveling together to the Philippines with the balikbayan spouse.

The former Philippine citizen shall declare before a Philippine Immigration Officer at the port of entry that he/she is availing of the balikbayan privilege and shall present his/her valid passport in addition to any of the following documents:

1. cancelled Philippine passport;
2. birth certificate; 3. naturalization papers to show former Philippine citizenship; or
4. certification from the adopted country.

The accompanying foreign spouse and foreign minor unmarried children of Filipinos and former Filipino citizens shall declare before a Philippine Immigration Officer at the port of entry that he/she is accompanied by a Filipino or former Filipino spouse or parent and that he/she is availing of the balikbayan privilege, and shall present his/her valid passport in addition to the following:

1. Foreign spouse: Valid passport and Marriage certificate
2. Foreign Minor unmarried children: Birth certificate
3. Adopted children: Adoption papers

For further verification please call the Philippine Embassy at 202-467-9300 or 202-467-9324 for more information

Source: and my daughter-in-law

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
Very informative
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • fakebobjones answered 7 years ago
    Do you plan to live there? If so, why not just file for dual?
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • PC answered 7 years ago
    My understanding of the Balikbayan Law is that you must leave The Philippines for a minimum of 24 hours every 12 months. You can then return for another 12 months (as long as you are married to a Filipina).
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Alastair S911 answered 7 years ago
    Yep, just don't forget to come back to the states.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

    to add your answer

Who is following this question?

    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week: