Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ways to create white noise?

I had a box fan in my sons room but it broke, and its a pain in the butt

Favorite Answer

Humidifiers can be good, but don't buy the quiet kind. The have air filters that make white noise at Walmart or someplace like that. They also have white noise machines at Babies R Us and other places that specialize in products for babies. Good luck!

• Mintee

other than buying another fan,, maybe you can find a CD of white music.. or record your own low level noice... I have a problem myself.. I have extremely noisy neighbors with a terrible little dog that barks at the drop of a hat.. I have to run a fan at night to drown out the barking, otherwise I cant sleep..

I even at one time turned on a little portable radio to some bogus channel to get static noice and turned it down low enough to just hear the hummm.. that helped

Hmm...fans are good, too bad yours is busted. Vacuums are good too, but probably wouldn't want to leave it on too long! Believe it or not, a radio that is not tuned to a station is good for white noise, as well as a tv that isn't hooked up to the cable, if the volume is set right.

It will take time,, but your sons hearing could use the quiet!! He will get used to it,, having noise on all the time is not good for his hearing...

turn a tv on and mute it.

turn anything on and mute it, sometimes a night light can do that!

actually any electronics can do that....just remember that when it is completely silent your ears will be able to pick up whatever "white noise" around!

Source(s): My annoying family!
  • KathyS

There is a CD out with white noise on it (vaccum, running water etc) or you can make your own tape.

A radio tuned between channels. That worked for us when our daughter was little.

My kids have a radio on very low in their room.

buy a new fan

what the..