Female asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

lots of animals?

my friend has: four cats, two dogs, a turtle and she is thinking about another little dog.

my other friend has two dogs, two cats,two parrots, and some littler birds.

am i the only one who thinks this is alot of animals?

Favorite Answer

As long as the pets are well taken care of, there is no problem. Some people love animals and don't mind putting the time, effort and money into taking good care of them.

My daughter's friend calls our house the Peaceable Kingdom. I have ten cats of my own, foster abandoned cats and hand raise feral kittens to domesticate them. We have a house rabbit...litter trained and never caged..., a parakeet that actually walks on the cats and preens them, and the grand dog comes here to be babysat every day. Everyone gets along. I have the pictures to prove it...dog laying with rabbit, cats cuddling with rabbit and bird on cat's back pulling out the loose hair with its beak.

A lot of peaceful co-existence with animals depends on the attitude of their human caretakers.

Yes, I do think that's a lot of animals. I used to have a lot of pets too. People nicknamed me Jurassic Park. At one time I had 4 birds, 2 cats and 12 gerbils! I will never mix cats and sm. animals again. Cats can be so patient and seemingly innocent when they're waiting to pounce on something! Nowadays I just have one cat and life is a lot simpler.

Source(s): My own strange life experience.

no i have a box turtle, tortoise, 2 bearded dragons, 2 ball pythons, a cat, 4 golden retrievers and 9 puppies from my female (13 dogs total) and about 10 rats for my snakes. i live in a small city and i don't think this is alot of animals but as long as you care for them and that you can afford them you won't be bothered with it.

Source(s): golden breeder

It depends on the person I guess. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a couple mice and a water dragon. We are considering getting a snake. We love all our animals and they each add to our lives in there own way.

Do you have animals??

Usually to the non animal person, more than one can seem like a lot. People who love animals and love caring for them will have a lot as their hobby or just to have multiple companions of different personalities.

Remember, most animal lovers look at their pets as their "children". So it is unusual for a human to have two, three, four children??

I have two horses, a cat, fish and about 80 rabbits (I raise rabbits as a hobby for show, but all are well cared for and each one is my pet first and foremost).

Source(s): Life long animal lover/owner.

No, I think so too. The cats an dogs I have no problme with, the others are wild animals and should not be pets caged up (but that's just me)

I don't think it's a lot. If they're taken care of properly and loved, then I don't see anything wrong. I'd love to have a lot of animals around.

i don t think so if they are well taking care. i have 8 dogs and that is a lot.

It's only a lot if they cannot afford to take care of them properly.