What is the hardest to quit- alcohol, cocaine, or cigarettes (tobacco)?

Those three are all biggies. I would have to say alcohol edges the others out. It is extremely hard to determine what is the absolute hardest to quit because I would imagine that it depends on the person, their current situation or circumstances, their genetic makeup, and their personality too.

Favorite Answer

Tobacco is definitely the hardest.... I mean think about it. Millions of people smoke everyday despite all the risks.... Besides I'm trying to quit smoking...... its very hard trust me. LOL

Although I wouldn't know about cocaine and don't have any problems with alcohol consumption that would entice me to quit, I can say from personal experience that cigarettes are a darned hard addiction to break.

Even after literally years of being tobacco free I would have strong cravings out of the blue. Believe me, this was not due to an addictive personality trait. In fact, it was the thought of being addicted that gave me the motivation to not give in to the cravings. I strongly believe that the cravings were physical rather than psychological in nature.

Fortunately, after about 10 years the cravings stopped.

Notice his erection. After I quit I had the hardest since I was 17 years old and had the sex drive of a bunny rabbit on viagra. Funny yes but really I could hang 5 towels from it no problem. Be ready to talk to him about what it's going to do to the lower regions and be enthusiastic about it. I think that would do a lot to help out with the quitting.

those are really hard to quit. but if i were to rate it (1 being the highest) it would be...

1. alcohol

2. cigarettes/tobacco

3. cocaine

Studies have proven that tobacco is by far the hardest addiction to quit

Cigarettes.

From what I gather, tobacco seems to be the most difficult to quit.

Coccaine has been proven to be the most addicting from the first time you use it. Studies have been done on monkeys and after the first time they used it they prefered it over food.So i think something that has an affect like that is pretty addicting and probably hard to let go

• 42

it is very hard to get rid of any addiction. there is no easier and harder. some addictions are just to be seen as easier than others in our society....i am sure someone who can't stop cleaning has a just as a hard time quitting like a 'drug'addict

I don't know, for me I never smoked cigs, coke is harder for woman than men, I love booze. I'd say cigs are the most difficult.