Al Franken for Senate in '08?

The often outspoken, controversial liberal comedia, author, and talk show host (AirAmerica Radio) Al Franken is seriously considering a run against a Republican incumbent in the '08 Minnesota Senate Race.

Do you think he'd win?

Do you think he deserves to win?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why not? Ronald Reagan proved that someone can come out of show business and be President, so why can't someone from that same field become a Senator? And, since Franken's a comedian anyway, he'd fit right in with all the rest of the clowns in the Senate!!!

Since he'd be coming from Minnesota - I'd think he would stand a good chance of getting elected - after all, this is the state that elected Jesse "The Body" Ventura as Governor and he was also from show business although there are those who wouldn't call wrestling that, but it is.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

No. i imagine in case you initiate a political company that advocates for the relief of taxes each and every time attainable and also you save on with for tax exempt status, you ought to have educate you're on the up and up and by no ability doing so fraudulently. that's referred to as "profiling," and conservatives help the idea even as that's used to purpose minorities. Is conserving an phantasm that the IRS is by no ability partisan truly that a lot extra substantial than conserving an phantasm that regulation enforcement is by no ability racist?

• 1 decade ago

No.....

Al Franken is the Rush Limbaugh of the looney left.

He is too far left. He is nuts.

He, like Rush need to stick to the entertainment business, which they are, and leave mainstream American Politics alone.

• 1 decade ago

I think Franken would be a sure bet loss for the Dims. I hope he does run

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, we elected The Body as governer, so it's possible this idiot could win.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He couldn't be any stupider than Ted Kennedy....well, maybe.

• 1 decade ago

probably not

• 1 decade ago

He is an idiot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.