Save my plant!!?

I have a spider plant which is not very big. The cat ate all but like three leaves off from it, the rest are all stubbs now!! What can I do to help it get going again?

Favorite Answer

I have a cat (indoor)...who did the same thing. I put mulch on top of the dirt in the pot. The mulch I used was from a local retailer and it had a smell the cat does not like. (Humans don't notice the smell.) This stopped the cat from attacking most of my plants. Also use some Miracle Grow to help the plant grow stonger faster (or use plant spikes).

Recently, I purchased a type of cat food that had 'green plant' flavors that 'cats like'. This has helped her as well. Now, she doesn't seem to eat as many grasses outside either.

Source(s): Tried it and it worked for our cat and our home.

i dont know what it is but i have a cat that eats my spider plant too-like grass-put your plant up higher so mr or mrs cat cant get to it and kinda leave a lone water it like you normally would but since it is winter let it dry completely is there any runners left on it cus you might try cutting them of and planting them if you dont see any fresh growth in the next 4-6 weeks id say you need to put the plant out to pasture and get a new one.

well first of all to get the cat away you should put like spices in the dirt so it will stay away from it to help your plant give it some sun and give it some water every other day

Just cut back the shredded limbs and leave till there is not damage and take care of your plant, it will recover.

Remember, for eons of time animals have eaten or used plants for scratching post--so they are use to a little harsh treatment . LOL

They have great root systems, so it should recover. May want to dig it up, check the quality of the roots, and repot in a sunny spot, should recover. Roots should be thick and fleshy, any shriveled ones can be pruned off.

the plant is history. Not enough active growth to grow more new leaves. Toss it out.

i bet you're the kind of person who cut down 4 trees in your backyard so that you can get an inground pool put in. Gimme a break! you need to save other plants first before worrying about your spider plant!!