How do I write a letter for a student that volunteered for me so he can put it in his high school portfolio?

I need to write a letter for the boy to put in his high school portfolio. He did some volunteer coaching for me.

The student asked me to write a letter for his high school portfolio. He was a volunteer coach. What format do I use? Who do I address it to? Etc.

Favorite Answer

Since it's for his portfolio, and no one in particular, It should be addressed to "Whom it may concern."

Describe exactly what he did. You know, what responsibilities or duties he had, and how well he filled them. Describe him as a person. What qualities did he contribute? What impact did he have? How did he change or improve your program? Use adjectives! If there was any special situation or event that stands out in your memory, that is positive, of course, write about that.

Basically, try think of whatever you might tell someone about this person, and write it in this letter.

Hope this helps!

• kelm

You hardly desire a resume for Petco, by no ability hurts although! commonly the web software will carry mutually adequate information to qualify you or no longer. a delightful human being with human beings skills has a shot at any retail save. They practice you for each little thing else. I went from cashier to a branch manager in 8 months, examine with the certain save for the minimum hiring age. that's 18 on the save I purely provide up from. reliable luck! It became a exciting interest, for the most section.

Just date it and say 'to whom it may concern,' Then state how long you have known him and in what capacity.

Then describe him, using buzz words like 'motivated, responsible, enthusiastic, proactive problem solver' etc

Then say you would have no hesitation in recommending him to any future employer.

That should cover it. It doesn't have to be very long, just positive in content.

Good luck :-)