I want to name my bay boy Austin Lee James Day. Can i get some advice on how that sounds?

I want to name him after my friend who died, Austin. Also after my dad James and my father in law victor lee. I dont know what to do!!! please help....lol

Favorite Answer

It's too much. You have decide amongst the names you have listed there. I like James Day personally. James Austin Day. That's a tight name.

The "Tradition" is to name the first born grandson, from the "birth" father's side. If you were having a girl, then you would have the choice and you would put your "mothers" maiden/or first etc/name into your baby girl's name. You could talk to your father and your father-in-law, as it is a nice gesture. But I want you to think about this! Your son will be "burdened" ALL his life with a name you gave him from a "dead" friend, someone he never knew. He will, deep inside, fell that you named him, just to remember "your" dead friend. I would not do this. I know of someone that had exactly the same thing happen to him. Shorten the name and let your husband choice the boy's First Name - followed by "James Lee" and then his last name.Good Luck, and think about what I told you. Remember, we choice our children's names, but they have to live all their lives with it.

Source(s): A mother and grandmother
  • Meg

it sounds good. i was going to suggest taking out lee, but since it's your father in law, maybe not. i prefer austin james day, but since lee is a family name, it's fine.

How about Austin-James (AJ) Lee Day?

Royalty often has many given names. I think your choice is excellent and for very wonderful reasons. He will carry the name with great honor as he learns why it's his name.

It sounds sophisticated and grand!

Source(s): Congrats on the son!

I'd like to kick his *** and he's not even born yet. Think of the damb kid, it's almost as bad as Tyrique Shaquissa Jones. Give the kid a break and a real name.

i think it's okay my grandsons name is johnathen jessie james loney i call him 3 j

sounds weird, man. its like just picking up names and stack 'em up together.