Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 decade ago

What is worse, the flu or pnemonia?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • CJBig
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They both can be very dangerous, but since the flu is more widely spread and probably more life threatening. I will say the flu is the worse.

Source(s): I am a respiratory therapist
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

pnemonia is far worse. My dad got it once and he was sick for almost two weeks in bed. He was off work for two weeks and it took him a long time to get his strength bad. He did get better. However, to some little kids and to some elderly people this can be fatal. The elderly get hospitized every year for pnemonia. I hope that this helps you and if someone you know has pnemonia plese take them to the doctor or hospital for medication so that they can get better.

• 1 decade ago

I have had both -- (in fact, I am trying to recover from the stomach flu right now.:(

I thought that having pneumonia was far worse. It took me well over a month before I stopped feeling so weak and lethargic. And the coughing! It was really horrible.

Hopefully, I'll be feeling much better with the stomach flu by the weekend; it hit me on Tuesday.

• 1 decade ago

I say flu. People don't realize how dangerous the flu really is and try to go on with their normal lives. The flu can kill you and it kills many people every year. I've had pneumonia and the flu also, but I think as far as what feels worse... definitely pneumonia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Probably pnemonia, it seems to last longer, the flu is usually 24 hours. They both pretty much suck though when you have them.

• 1 decade ago

Pneumonia is worse, because its and infection in the lung And it brings on flu-like symptoms.

Source(s): self experience
  • 1 decade ago

With pnemonia you may need to be hospitalized if it's not treated correctly.

• 1 decade ago

Definitely pneumonia. I was hospitalized for it when I was little cause it was so bad and they didn't know what was wrong with me. They thought I had spinal meningitis and I had to have a spinal tap. I have had it a few times as an adult but it wasn't as bad as when I was a kid.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

pnemonia. it causes the stomach, intestine, chest, too hurt alot.

• 1 decade ago

They both can kill you but I personally think that pneumonia is the worst.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.