Mariah asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Eating is not happy for me anymore?

I don't have a weight problem or image issues, it's just that eating doesn't satisfy me anymore. I used to have fun getting a soda or ice cream or fast food. It was a treat and it wasn't available that much to me a few years ago. Now after I eat it, it's like.. why did I eat an unhealthy food? No point.. and it doesn't make me feel good. It's not because of gaining weight or anything.. it's just because.. It doesn't make me happy.

PS. I'm 13. So you probably think it's dumb.

Favorite Answer

i do not think it's dumb

ur body has its own subtle way of telling u it does not want certain things

i stopped drinking sodas for that same reason. it just isnt the same anymore. i sont want them and even if i finall ydrink on eits like my body wigs out. i feel really cruddy - sometimes before i even finish the soda

Wait.... eating unhealthy food makes you unhappy..... and you are surprised you have made such a wise decision and succeeded in life-style change?

I have a question for you. Do eating healthy food make you happy?

If you are unhappy when you eat, no matter what, then I'd say you have a problem. Not dumb, a problem. If you are unhappy when you eat junk food, but are happy when you eat good food, then it is a good thing.

It means you learned something very valuable. It means you learned it way ahead of your friends. It means you'll live healthier. It means you'll live longer. It means your body and mind grows to your full potential.

Remember, you'll have to have a balanced diet. Eating only few things (that are healthy) won't make you healthy. You'll have to learn to eat good balance of good foods. When you get an urge, eating unhealthy food every once in a while won't hurt you either. Remember that....

No, it's not dumb, no matter what your age is. Your body may be wanting some healthy food and is telling you by not wanting the junk food. Try some vegatables, good salad and try drinking more water. Maybe when you're hungry you may want to eat smaller portions, more frequently. Pay attention to your growth and don't let anything get out of control. Take care.

• Ivar

Thats great!!! You are a lucky person to have discovered so early in life that pleasure and happiness is not the same thing. In fact, if you pay really close attention to your self you may even discover that indulging in the pleasure of unhealthy food actually tends to make you miserable. I think you will find too that over indulgence in other pleasures also has a long term negative effect. No, it is when we prove to our self that our mind has power over our body and that we are not lead by our animal instincts that we gain self respect and happiness. Our faculty of reason is exercised and straighten when we make good decisions.

Be proud of your self without being conceited.

it could be a few different things, it could just be because of a change in your tatste buds, but there are also many sicknesses and other things that can lead to not having a desire to eat. I guess it depends if it is just junk food that doesn't please you anymore or it is just food in general.

I've gotten to the point that I have to force myself to eat because I just don't have any desire to eat...I would rather feel the pain of hunger than eat, just because I almost dislike eating.

So I figure it just depends how it is effecting you, if you really have no desire to eat you may want to talk to a doctor about it. If it is just not enjoying the foods you used to or as much as you used to...I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Whether you want to admit it or not, these are the first signs of an eating disorder. Eating disorders oftentimes have nothing to do with body image or weight issues. If I were you I'd seek out some sort of professional counseling to at least assess where you are emotionally and mentally.

Source(s): Used to be a college counselor.

If you don't like it, don't do.

I think though, that you might have some self esteem issues.

I remember when I was younger and going to McDonald's seemed like a huge deal...and now I'm thinking 'what was the point?'

Just eat where you want to, and be careful that you don't become anorexic.

A question like this is not dumb...if it is important to you, it is important :)

no it is not dumb, it is better to start eating healthy at a young age such as 13, this helps you stay at a descent weight for the rest of the years of your life! so no, nothing is wrong with you! eating healthy is excellent!

Start learning to cook and read about some healthy and delicious menus. Once you know you have control over what you eat then your interest in food will renew itself

You're probably just getting your adult taste buds. All 5+ senses shift in puberty. What a great time to try new foods that you used to hate!