Does anyone actually know the definiton of Diet???

Look up the definition of diet,,,Daily consumption of food,,,goood or bad,,Period*~* OUR CHOICE,goood choice or bad choice.......

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The definition of diet is "the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group". The word "diet" (as in, specific dietary restrictions) as we know it today is a result of years of marketing campaigns. I should know, I'm a marketer! :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • kelm
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No, it really is a fantasy. If this were the case, ONE large-sized cost meal from McDonalds will be all you ate. in this subject, you would have your day's properly worth of energy in a unmarried meal, yet by purely ingesting once, you're preparation your body to easily assume foodstuff once an afternoon, which in turn will decelerate your metabolism. even as your metabolism slows down, you burn a lot less fat and your body starts to save extra fat because it really knows it is going to likely be a lengthy time period previously it receives foodstuff again. solid weight-loss isn't so straight forward as "energy in vs energy burned" - it really is extra complicated than that and includes calorie resources (carbs, fat, protein) besides as blood-sugar stages, and so on. I gained't get into the boring technology of it, yet ask each person who's truly in high quality condition and knows about foodstuff and also you'll see that dropping weight takes interest for better than purely form of energy. both way, reliable luck!

• 1 decade ago

a diet is what you eat, what a culture or group of people eat, it is nothing more then what you eat, how little or alot that may be.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yep, i know, its frustrating, i say the word, "diet" and people are like WHOA your ona diet, you dont need to lose weightt. its like, no, diet is what you eat, be it icecream or carrot sticks...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Did I Eat That?

• 1 decade ago

Someone told me it came from die + t. "die thin"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.