? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Can anyone recommend any good Fantasy Books on the same level as Hyperion, Elric of Melebone or Eregon and The

Looking for a good read. One with action, battles agianst good and evil... a starting of a triolgy... but not of a series thats twenty books long. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

How about the Tears of Artamon series, by Sarah Ash? I just finished reading the first book today. It's got all you said, and lotsa political intrigue.

I also read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's eleven books long, plus a prologue book, so I doubt you'd want to jump in. I also suggest Narnia (C.S. Lewis), Maximum Ride (James Patterson), and the very obvious Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien).

Hmm, have you tried looking in to the Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny? There are five book in the Corwin Cycle..."Nine Princes in Amber", "The Guns of Avalon", "Sign of the Unicorn", "The Hand of Oberon", "The Courts of Chaos" with (there is a follow-up set based on Merlin), and it's what first got me interested in the entire fantasy genre. It's simply amazing, and a must-read for fantasy fans.

Eldest - Inheritance Triology

Source(s): Barnes & Noble