Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

whats the best thing to get rid of blemishes from pimples?

hi i have some blemishes for past pimples, i wouldnt call them acne scars because i dont have any indents in my cheek they r all flat and ive never had acne, just some pimples that have left bleminished. Whats the best way to get rid of these? microdermabrasions? vitamin E oil?

Favorite Answer

You might want to visit your dermatologist just to get a retinoid-- like tazorac, differin, etc.

That will take the discolored marks from your skin by removing the top layers faster than you would normally.

Also, make sure you are taking your vitamins! I can't stress this enough with women who break out.

It will also make your skin heal 100X's faster.

Take a good multivitamin without iodine--that's important. On top of that, take an omega 3 fatty acid (fish oil), alpha lipoic acid, Vit E, and a B complex, amino acid complex and fiber pills daily. Make sure to take these EVERY day with plenty of pure water.

Exercise a bit every day to get your blood flowing and oxygen to your skin, it will purge your pores, just make sure to take a shower afterward!

You might also just want to use a very mild cleanser and moisturizer, like dove sensitive skin formulas and lather just plain petrolium jelly on your face and neck for an hour or two daily-- it really does plump up skin and reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles.

Good luck. Remember, take your vitamins and exercise!!

Doxyclyclin, it makes scars fade and the redness around pimples go away. You also get of those really infected pimples. It works great for me!! (= If you are older than 13 then there's a medicine called I believe Actutane, it works WAY better.

am 17 and I don't get acne, but I have blackheads and a little bit of blemish on/by my nose and cheeks. Try these: 1. Noxema Normal/Dry plus Moisturizers *removes dirt, oil and makeup, plus it doesnt leave your skin dry 2. Biore Pore Perfect Combo Pact (deep cleansing fore strips for face and nose) *Unclogs and deminishes * removes dirt, oil and blackheads note: i just used these on my nose for the first time and it worked so good!! i could so so many nasty blackheads on the strip when i was done 3. St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Black Head Control *oil free *gently exfoliats w/o drying to remove dirt, oil, and dead skin cells that can clog pores All of these will help your skin be beautiful and be radiant. Plus since you have oily skin, all of these products remove the oil (plus dirt and blackheads) I would suggest using them in this order. First use the Noxema to open the pores and such, then use to St. Ives Apricot Scrub (which will help remove blackheads and more dirt and oil), then use the Biore strips, which will remove everything else from your nose, chin, and forehead. Hope I helped~~

Here's a website selling a cleanser which may be able to help. The cleanser is a bit expensive but worth it if it works for you:

http://samus.securehbs.com/~clearand/store/index.p...

I say may because about 2% of people aren't helped by this product. If you order it and it won't work for you, you can get a refund, including your shipping/handling costs. I have bad acne and this product didn't help me initially till they came out w/an industrial strength brand but the regular strength should be fine for you.

Source(s): I've used these products myself.

There are many cheap and effective home remedies for acne. Tomato slices, turmeric, papaya juices and home made face packs will treat existing pimples and prevent further problems. More remedies at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/acne.html

I've heard that a little toothpaste before bed can help dry up things like that :]

try exfoliating your face LIGHTLY. if not, check with a dermatologist and they can set you up with a facial medicine that gets rid of the marks