is it me or this dont make sense???

ok, 2 days after my sons birthday i want to get him christianed, but the god parent i have in mind doesnt live where im from, one can make it to get the baby christianed, but the other one is in the army, and they rarely let you leave, so now everyone is saying that i can pick my sister and her husband, but that doesnt make any sense to me because thats my sons aunt and uncle, is that corney or what?????

Favorite Answer

I am sure your sister and husband will be honored to be the god parents. The important thing is to pick people who will be close and involved in your child's life. A friend far away cannot always give the guidance or help to a child when they are far away. The people you choose would have to take over if anything ever happened to you. SO it is necessary for the child to have a very close and loving relationship with them.

I think being the aunt and uncle is very special but to be the god parents as well would be a wonderful gift to give a child. Your sister is of the same blood line as you are and who better to be there to help guide and nurture the child... Sisterhood carries a very special and deep bond and I know you will give her great joy when you ask her...

Around here, its ALWAYS an aunt & uncle, unless there is none or there's bad blood.

As for the one in the military, ask the preacher if he will let him do it over the phone--by "proxy".

not really God parents are the people of your choosing to raise your child if something should happen to you. Be strong girl and choose whom you want this is your child.

See if you can have a stand in for your "Army" guy...I'm sure you will be able too..

no its quite common actually...