Do air purifiers help with cigarette smell?

I have an employee was is mostly allergic to cigarette smoke. No one smokes in our office, but someone walks by her several times a day who smokes outside. I wanted to get her an air purifier, but I'm told that they don't assist in lessening this kind of smell. Does anyone know of an air purifier that may help?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke. I bought an expensive air purifier to cope, but found they don't work. I don't know of anything that helps. You are a wonderful boss to think of this, bless you.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes this one is great

http://www.shaklee.net/thehealthyway/product/55102

reduce all three of the major forms of air pollution: particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust, and cigarette smoke; microbes such as mold and bacteria; and gases and odors. That's especially critical since the Environmental Protection Agency consistently ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.

• 1 decade ago

The best way to get rid of the smoke smell is to place a dish of white vinegar on or near her desk. The vinegar will absorb the odor.

• 1 decade ago

Not much. You need an open door/window to circulate the air to get rid of the smell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

you want to make a great smoking are both outdoors ( you will get an outside warmth lamp in case you stay in a chilly climate) or proper next to a window you may crack. Lysol or Fabreeze works slightly.. My pal is a smoker and makes use of a Honeywell Environair. She also trys to easily smoke next to a window and one among those little smoke suckers next to her ashtray.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.