Do air purifiers help with cigarette smell?

I have an employee was is mostly allergic to cigarette smoke. No one smokes in our office, but someone walks by her several times a day who smokes outside. I wanted to get her an air purifier, but I'm told that they don't assist in lessening this kind of smell. Does anyone know of an air purifier that may help?

Favorite Answer

I am extremely allergic to cigarette smoke. I bought an expensive air purifier to cope, but found they don't work. I don't know of anything that helps. You are a wonderful boss to think of this, bless you.

yes this one is great

http://www.shaklee.net/thehealthyway/product/55102

reduce all three of the major forms of air pollution: particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust, and cigarette smoke; microbes such as mold and bacteria; and gases and odors. That's especially critical since the Environmental Protection Agency consistently ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.

The best way to get rid of the smoke smell is to place a dish of white vinegar on or near her desk. The vinegar will absorb the odor.

Not much. You need an open door/window to circulate the air to get rid of the smell.

you want to make a great smoking are both outdoors ( you will get an outside warmth lamp in case you stay in a chilly climate) or proper next to a window you may crack. Lysol or Fabreeze works slightly.. My pal is a smoker and makes use of a Honeywell Environair. She also trys to easily smoke next to a window and one among those little smoke suckers next to her ashtray.