Andrea =] asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Does [or can] a woman's hairline decrease?

I'm wondering that if I held my hair back [such as in a ponytail or bun] long enough, that the hair would just stop growing at the very front of my forehead.

Also, if you separate your hair the same way, one of my friends said that your hair stops growing where you separated if kept for awhile.

Is any of this true?

• Sugar
    Favorite Answer

Yes it is mostly true. some people have thin hair to start with. it would not take much to decrease anyway.

Yes of course. You are causing pressure on the hairline and it results in the hair generally falling out. A lot of African-American people have problems with this because we tend to brush our edges, and our roots are very weak and should not be brushed.

You should try alternating styles to prevent the problem.

IF YOU WEAR TIGHT BANDS YOU HAIR CAN BREAK. IF YOU ALTERNATE THE POSTION OF YOUR PONYTAIL OR BUN YOU SHOULD BE FINE. MIX IT UP EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE AND WEAR YOUR HAIR DOWN W/ ANY BANDS OR CLIPS FOR ABOUT A WEEK.

all false, but yes women can get a receding hairline, due to hormones and stress as well as age, you can get breakage from ponytails though, make sure you use scrunchies as apposed to elastics and not so tight!

Yes, a womans hiarline can decrease but not by the methods you have stated.

yes cuz thier hair could thin and recied but different from a man's hairline

• only if you have 2 genes for baldness. e.g. if you only got one from your dad, you won't go bald. but if you happen to have another from your mom, you'll surely lose your hair. but if she has hair, don't worry. for the reasons you stated, you shouldn't worry either

yeah just look at my mom

yeah, everyones hair can do it.....it all depends on your family....its hereditary