Trippy asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

are black cats evil?

i've had my black cat for 5 years, not realizing that some people think that they are evil, bad luck, and just all around bad. i'm not into all that witchy, magical, whatever stuff, but should i be worried any way?

Favorite Answer

All cats are amazing its just genes that give them a colour not the devil!!!!!

Nope, that's just superstition -- and one that caused the death of millions of cats during the inquisition, which in turn helped the black death since there were less cats to kill the rats that carried the plague.

But that was a side note. You shouldn't worry about that. As a matter of fact, in some countries the belief is the exact opposite, that WHITE cats are bad luck ^^;

Since it's not even consistant, I'd say it's pretty sure it's only superstition ;p

I've had a black cat for 6 years and he's a wonderful loving cat. It's all blasphemy that black cats are evil

No, they're not evil. In fact, black cats have an immunity against some illnesses that a tabby,etc, wouldn't have because of the trait that makes them black.

Might seem evil to the mice though....lol

Source(s): classes at the local humane society

black cats are not evil. people think they are because of movies and television. since the beginning they picked on black cats, but imagine it was a white cat they picked to be a witches friend, then everyone would be scared of white cats. entertainment made black cats seem to be scary. they are not evil.

Of course they're not evil. However, I don't recommend letting your cat run loose outside, especially around Halloween. People that do think black cats are evil/unlucky might try to hurt him/her.

Hi

I think that they are not evil, because every animal in the world have its good purpose. Don't believe what other people believe, God give you the privilege to decide what you want. And if you believe on God you should not believe on magic stuff.Don't worry about that.

Thanks for read this letter,

Chumidex

Black cats are not evil. That's just a silly old superstition.

No, that's a stupid superstition. I have noticed that black cats tend to be kinda dumb and/or crazy, and the one I have is no exception, on both counts. She's part Siamese, so of course she yowls, all the time.

All cats are beautiful and good luck as far as I'm concerned. If a cat has decided to grace you with his or her presence, that's lucky right there!

Its just an old superstition, black cats are not evil at all.