how do I find out if an old stock I have is any good?

I think the company has changed hands and names at least twice..I think I know who has the Co. now but I have not been able to figure out who or how to contact. The bank that it was issued at...could I find out through them if they are still around?

It was issued in 1968.

I have googled..but I can't find a stock symbol for it. The name has been changed so I am asuming the symbol has been too?

I have no statements..this was bought put back with some papers and forgot about till I was going through some boxes of photos.

I have found a phone number for the co. I think bought the Co. will have to try calling them I guess.

Favorite Answer

I would contact a stock brokerage like Smith Barney, one that has been around a while. See if they can find information for you on it. Maybe something like the Banking Commission, FDIC???

You should be able to find the stocks ticket symbol on your most recent statement. In order to see if the stock is doing well I would go to yahoo finance and input the stock's symbol. When looking at the 10 year chart, click on the S&P 500, and Nasdaq boxes to compare them to how the overall market faired those years. If you would like to know how the company is doing now, I would suggest comparing the same on a 1 yr. chart to see how valital or up and down the stock is.

Source(s): Few suggested educational sites: fool.com yahoo.finance.com

What is the name of the company. Do a search on the net to find their name, and history, and check the code (3-4 letters) also. You can do it all through Google to find out how much they are worth. Getting them exchanged for money, just need to contact company.