I have a lump under my skin that appears to be in my blood vien, anyone know what it may be?

It started 2 weeks ago, with a sudden lump in my wrist, then slowly progressed through my vein, into the palm of my hand, at the base of my thumb. As it progressed, it would cause my vein to be larger and harder. Now it has moved back into my wrist, but not in the exact same spot as it was before. The veins around the base of my thumb are all a bit larger than normal. It is not painful, although if I bump it hurts.

The doctor rushed in and out of the room so fast when I went last week, and told me to come back for a checkup since they need to do another EKG anyway since I've been having palpitations for a year now. He barely looked at it and said it may be a gangleon cyst, but my sister gets those and it is nothing like that. It is smooshy and goes for about an inch in my vein. The thickness is about the size of a pencil.

Getting to the doctor is hard for me and I don't know when I can make it back, so I am hoping some of you can lead me in the right direction. Thanks!!

Favorite Answer

Can you see coloration underneath the skin? It could be a hematoma. You need a doctor as soon as you can get there. (A competent one) If it's a clot and is migrating, it can move anywhere in your body, and cause major problems. (People die from simple blood clots every day, so I would recommend you know whether this is one or not)

Geeze, please please now go to the doctor now or an emergency room. You may have a blood clot and it can kill you.

Please go now this is not something that is going away.

I will pray for you and I beg you to get medical attention immediately

Source(s): I had a stroke last year the EMT's and ER doctors saved my life

see a doctor you need to have that tooking care of now

you defentily need to go and see a different doctor immdently! they need to tell you what is wrong, do not leave until they do!