Not sure, but I think I might have Gout?

My big toe has been killing me, and i have been running 3 days/week for about 2 weeks. I stopped cause my big toe was killing me, but i can move it around and i don't think it's broken. it's only when i step on it awkwardly and then i get a sharp pain. is it gout and is there any cure?

Favorite Answer

The main symptom of gout is severe pain. If the gout is in the feet, it can be so severe that the sufferer cannot stand. Inflamed skin around the joint can be red and shiny, and over the course of time can get worse. the frequency of attacks will increase, and the attacks will last longer. If left untreated, more and more joints will be effected and stone-like deposits can build up in the joints.

This article provide all info related to 'gout'. You will know what to do next, after reading it. Take care and god bless.

http://www.artcademy.biz/gout%20treatment.htm

1

Source(s): The Gout Remedy Report : http://GoutCure.ohfos.com/?Ldp

Gout is a condition where uric acid crystals build up in the body.

This can happen in the area of the big toe and cause a lot of pain.

Our foods contain purines; some foods are higher in this than others.

The doctor may place you on a lower purine diet (of which they will usually provide you a list of foods to avoid. There is also medications that can lower the uric acid in the blood

Here an alternative way to cure gout?

Celery seed is a sure fire way to stay off gout, it lowers the levels of uric acid and that is what you need to stay off gout. Celery seed is available in capsule form, celery seed contains 25 anti-inflammatory compounds that can reduce pain and swelling. I got this information out of a medicine book that a bunch of Doctors put together.

Go see a foot doctor. If it is gout, there is treatment available.

I've had gout and it is painful. Good luck

Yes, it could be, especially if it is red and hot, and you can NOT tolerate you shoes. If it is gout, there are many effective medications. I think you need to check with your MD, as you need to know what you have really and exactly.

Gout is very rare in the US, and when it occurs, it is usually in elderly patients. On the other hand, swollen toes from over-exertion or poorly fitting shoes is a problem for a huge number of people, particularly if you have wide feet. You might even have a stress fracture, or be on your way to getting one. You need to stop running until the toe heals completely. In the mean time, you need to pack your toe in ice for 20 minutes each day until the swelling goes down, or if you can stand it, put your whole foot in a bucket of ice water for 20 minutes. Take ibuprofen or Alleve around the clock at the doses recommended on the bottles until the inflammation subsides. You definitely should see a podiatrist or sports medicine specialist. Your problem will get progressively worse unless you take time to let things heal, and then fix whatever condition is causing the problem. The solution might be as simple as getting shoes that fit, stretching exercises to adjust your gait, or maybe shoe inserts.

See a doctor, that will answer all your questions.