If Electric Cars were available again, would you buy one? Why or Why Not?

Keep in mind some of these cars get 300 miles to the charge and can go upwards of 70 miles per hour. They do not require any gas whatsoever and are incredibly easy to maintain (all they need is a tire rotation and fluid refill every 5,000 miles). Stations for refueling can be placed in convienent locations just like gas pumps. The price is comparable to any car on the market, at $200-$500 dollars a month. I recently saw the documentary "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and was struck by the fact that even though every electric car owner wanted to continue to drive the car, and even raised enough money to buy out the leases and purchase every single car, GM was adament about confiscating the cars and crushing them. I'm not own for conspriracy theories, but it seemed like a real waste to take a fully functioning car and crush it for no apparent reason. So I was wondering, if you had the opportunity to own an electric car would you? And if not, why?

The maximum speed limit on most major roadways in the U.S. is 75 miles per hour and electric cars can go that fast and in some cases even faster. So if you abide by the law, speed shouldn't be a factor.

Favorite Answer

yes,i think the goverment has something to do with their disappearance

• FUNdie

I don't think they go fast enough, and they are so ugly! If they can make an aesthetically pleasing electric car, I might buy one. Even the hybrids are ugly.

no then we'd be fighting over electricity instead of oil.