What kind of cars?

Hey I am going to be getting my first car in a few months. I was wondering what kind of cars were good for first ones. I would rather have a car.....but I will settle for anything. We can have some pretty icy winter. I have to pay for most of it myself....but I will have a decent job.....and I have a lot of money saved up already I would really like it to be under $8,000.....but nothing over $10,000.

• Schona
    Favorite Answer

My first car was a Honda Civic. I loved that little car. Did great on gas about 40 mpg., low insurance cost, good solid car, cute little car, got through deep snow without getting stuck, never had a problem with icy roads which we have plenty of too. Tough little car. Drove all over the country with that thing. I hated to part with it, I cried.

Traded it in for an RX-7. My Honda was sold on the lot before we got the paperwork done for the RX-7. The Mazda was also a very reliable car. Did great on gas, better than the expected mileage over 30 mpg. Cars just aren't that efficient andymore. An excellent sports car for the price, beat a Porsche 911.

Good luck in your search for a reliable car that's fun too.

I would go for a used VW Jetta. They are good in the snow and you can get a decent 02 or 03 for around 8-10 grand. Also they run forever with few problems.

• ?

You can get a nice used Subaru AWD Impreza or forester for about that price. They are good reliable safe cars. Make sure whatever car you get that it was maintained.

Source(s): I used to work as a service advisor for a couple of Subaru dealers before my accident.

If you want reliability go with Japanese. I recommend Honda or Toyota. Accord Coupe is a nice car.

Get a Subaru all wheel drive. They go well in bad weather and run well with high mileage.

i would try to get a used trailblazer or something. It is roomy and some are less then what you are looking at. Or try a malibu.

a mustang. they are pretty good cars. I hope to get on someday. they are good in bad wether although they can make you mad sometimes. or you can just stick with a bettr car.

get something with the smallest motor you can (save on gas) and pay cash, you will appreciate it more....