How many deaths have been caused by the chemo drug Avastin?

Avastin killed a loved one. I am looking for others that have lost someone to this chemo drug "Avastin", we need to get a class action lawsuit against Genentech who makes this product that can kill, and get the FDA to recall Avastin off the market to cure sick people.

Favorite Answer

Not every one responds to chemo. the same way! It is VERY hard on the ENTIRE body. It kills not only bad stuff but the good also. Your body has to have a immune system strong enough to handle it. Alot of times chemo. just speeds up the death process. Your loved one may have just had a body already too weak to handle chemo.(chance you take).Avastin is not on the market to 'cure sick people' necessarily. It is NOT a chemo. drug anyway. It's just a drug to help give a person a fighting chance. It is a antiangiogenic agent. It is supposed to block vessel formation and starve the tumor of its blood supply. It is used in conjunction with chemo. It is most often given for metastatic colorectal cancer or small cell lung carcinoma. Complications most often occur are GI ,wound healing and hemorrhage .You have no way of knowing all the contributing factors relating to this death at this point unless you have a autopsy and it says the drug was directly related to the death. I personally and professionally know this to be true. I don't believe Avastin is the cause of death primarily. It probably just contributed to it.

2

Source(s): The Best Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?LYtP

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your loved one, what a total bummer. The thing about Avastin is it is a last ditch attempt to save those that are already terminally late stage. It does not work for everyone. I am sorry about your loved one.

Go online and look up the drug and they will give you all the facts about that medication.