perk me up!!!?

Recently i faced a setback at work.

A customer has complained abt me and the supervisor inforormed everyone about the incident but he did not mention any names. From the look of it, my supervisor was really mad. I had a feeling that he was talking abt me, because i did recall one exact incident.

Shd i just talk to him and ask him if i was that person or shd i just remain quiet and move on? I have this urge to find out.

Upon hearing about the complain, i felt so embarassed even though none of my colleagues knew abt it. The thing is, i just wanna know if my supervisor knows who made the mistake or did the man who complained remain anonymous.

Any advice? i am beginning to feel like a loser!!! :(

Favorite Answer

The important part is learning from the mistake.

If your supervisor knows that it was you, then he has already made his choice as to how he wanted to deal with the incident. My guess is that many people you work with have made similar mistakes... otherwise he would not have spoken to the entire group. He wants everybody to learn. If it was just you, then he probably would have spoken to you personally.

Asking if the customer named names really has no learning value in it for you. All you'll get is a yes, or a no.

The most important thing in a work place (and life!) is to learn from the times we mess up. Don't be hard on yourself. If you need help to improve, ask for guidance.

Best Wishes... and don't beat yourself up... it's a waste of energy... hope things get better for you! ~ Andrea

I agree with saltytina.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

are you guilty, if so confess,if not,let it ride