poohgirl asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Losing weight??? How can I lose 30 pounds in 3 months??

I have a big wedding I am going to I am the brides maid

I need to fit in this dress!

ADVICE, Fast Please!

Favorite Answer

You've got some serious work to do! 30 pounds in three months! I believe it can be done, but let's get one thing straight...your goal is not to drop 30 pounds, it's to fit into that dress. Remember that. The scale might not be moving on your journey, but you may be loosing inches. Keep track of both to combat discouragement.

OK. Weight Loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise...give or take a few percentage points. If you eat whatever you want, and exercise a ton, thinking it's going to give you the body you want, it won't. Trust me, I've tried. Diet is the MOST important when you're trying to drop weight.

Center your diet around: Whole Grains (100% whole wheat bread, tortillas, etc.), colorful fruits and veggies (eat the rainbow), lean sources of proteins (eggs, poultry, lean beef), and healthy fats (nuts, olive oil, avocados, etc.). Avoid white foods like the plague: white flour, white sugar, white potatoes (have a sweet potato instead, more vitamins!), etc.

Also, be aware of how your food is cooked. Was there butter added? Was it fried? Is there added MSG or salt? You might be a pain when you go out to eat, but hey, it's your money!

Diet comes down to calories in vs. calories out. It's that simple. That being said...eating small meals throughout the day keeps you from feeling deprived and you are less likely to get hungry and go on a binge.

Please don't think I'm discounting the importance of exercise. It will help you feel strong and more confidence, not to mention speed and retain your weight loss. Get moving! Make sure to get your heart rate up! And if you find something that you can enjoy, the better! Try step aerobics, a new sport, get out and play soccer with the kids. Schedule it into your schedule like a doctors appointment and DON'T MISS IT!

Shoot for 1-2 pounds a week. You can defiantly drop some pounds and get into that dress in a couple of months! But get started...the sooner, the better!

Hopefully this helps.

Well you are heading in the right direction now that you have a goal and a timeline. The easiest way to lose weight, is to burn more calories than you are taking in. Working out is a quick way to see results, but only if you have a healthy and nutritious diet to go along with it. I suggest joining a gym or partnering up with a friend (maybe the bride?) and get out there and get moving. Avoid sugary and high in fat foods and opt for fruits and veggies to snack on. Make sure you drink at least 64 oz. of water a day, as that will help flush your fat and also help you feel full. However, make sure you are getting in those nutritious foods, as that will help your metabolism work and also aide in your workout. I have lost 80lbs this last year and that has worked for me. Good luck!

You can drop quite a few pounds by not eating sugar and use Equal instead, no candy, no soda pop. Drink lots of water and reduce your juice drinks to 1/2 a glass per day and stop eating fried food for a while. Take vitamins that do not contain yeast, especially B 100, B12...Get plenty of rest and exercise if it is nothing more than walking a few blocks...You'll shed pounds in no time flat. Good luck

Source(s): Guide To Nutritional Healing at GNC

I have heard eating lots of veggies, drinking water, eating yogurt, and cutting out meats and stuff like that will help. Plus run or jog, starting at a mile a day and work up...

Diet and exercise. Drink lots of fluids, cut down on the carbs and fats. Don't do anything too extreme or you'll do damage to your body.

have one to two alcoholic dricks daily instead of more

Start drinking green tea and increase your excersize i.e. walking, cycling, gym.

Stick to a good diet, low carbs lots of fruit and veggies. The green tea will speed up your metabolism.

Good luck........I am sure you will manage it!

turn dinner into a healthy lunch the next day by wrapping your lean leftovers in a whole wheat wrap add a little dijon mustard or curry powder for added flavor

one way to lose weight is to do running and eating right but dont over do it or it could be harmful

• Tissa

http://www.rwbrooks.net/me/diet.html

i have done it and it does work...

if you go to yahoo and search "3 day chemical diet" you will find a bunch of pages that have basically the same info BUT with substitutions and lists of what seasonings and stuff you can use