I've been married only 5 months and my wife cheated on me, should I hang on or is it time to move on?

My wife and I met in law school almost three years ago.Things were alright for about 2 months of marriage and then she told me she was unhappy and she had lost her emotional connection with me, it went downhill from there and she eventually told me she was cheating on me just after we got married. I've moved out because she was still seeing him and wouldn't come home some nights. I know im partly to blame for her falling out of love with me as i took her for granted at times, but i still love her and want this to work. She wants to just take time to "wait and see" if her feelings for me will come back, she still hangs out with this other guy but it doesn't seem to be real serious. she won't make an effort right now to give us a second chance and start new. she says she's scared because she thinks things will just be the same. we've talked about counseling but haven't gone yet. we've talked out our problems for two months now but it hasn't changed her feelings. suggestions?

Favorite Answer

The fact that she is continuing to see this other guy makes it clear to me that she is not interested in working on the marriage. If she was truly sorry, she would have immediately ceased all contact with her lover. Sorry to say, but I think you should move on. I know it seems that people today take their vows too lightly and divorce is easy, but in your case, I don't think this woman is worth waiting or fighting for. Whether or not you are to blame for her falling out of love with you, she betrayed your trust and continues to do so. Find a woman who is worthy of your love and devotion and let your wife screw up someone elses life.

• ?

You seem like an intelligent man. You've only been married for 5 months and she's already cheating. Move on!! There is no excuse for her to be cheating on you even if you did take her for granted. It is called communication and she should have discussed that with you. If you guys can't work things out now how are you going to in the future? This is the honeymoon stage in a marriage, where you can't keep your hands off each other and just time to have fun with each other. It sounds like you've had none of that. Find someone that respects you for you and can't live without you and would never resort to an affair. If you don't have trust you have nothing. Oh, and there are plenty of woman out there that would love to be with a man like you!!

I think the best thing would be to get a divorce at this time because you really haven't invested a long amount of time into this marriage. You haven't cheated on her so you have done nothing wrong. Forget marriage counseling , you need some counseling because you sound like you have some self esteem problems. Take care of you.

Sorry, dude. But this situation you have isn't working and will not work now as she is already set in her way. From now until you decide to get an annulment or divorce you are just adding to the pain and confusion you are suffering now. Seek the annulment on the cheating grounds(you are supposed to be a lawyer) before you end up paying throught the nose forever while she messes around with everybody and their brother and collects alimony from you even though she is at fault.

Good Lord, I was in law school too, and for this reason alone, you should know the answer to your question... GET OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE WOMAN WHO CHEATED ON YOU NOW. Forgiveness on your part will only lead to future further betrayl. Maybe not what you want to hear, but it is the God's honest truth.

Once a cheater always a cheater. The old saying is so true. Get out before things get too deep with it all. You can do better.

• lara

Serious or not she is seeing someone else and not interested in mending the marriage, move on sorry.

Personally, my next action would be giving her the divorce papers.

Wow . you should know better.. get out now before you lose all of your $$$$

move on she did now , she will keep on cheating. she'll just get better at hiding it